px Group is a fully integrated infrastructure solutions business, with over 25 years’ experience of managing and operating highly complex assets across the UK worth billions of pounds.
We deliver innovative solutions for our clients, as well as owning, operating and managing our own facility, Saltend Chemicals Park.
Our focus is on improving operating performance of commercial and industrial facilities, with zero harm to people, environmental assets and reputation.
We do this by focusing on five key delivery areas across our areas of expertise across the whole energy lifecycle. These core delivery areas are :
- Operations & Maintenance
- Energy Management
- Projects, Engineering, and Consultancy
- Due diligence
- Digital solutions
Why px Group?
We are trusted by our clients to deliver performance-driven solutions across the power and CHP, onshore and offshore gas, chemical parks, waste processing, bioenergy, and fuel storage sectors.
We adopt a true ‘owner-operator’ approach to everything we do. That means that we think like our client and align our goals with theirs, so we deliver real efficiency – that’s why we have long-term relationships with so many of our clients.
The expertise that px Group has developed enables us to take an idea right through from concept to commercial operation, adding value for our clients at every stage.
This capability has been shaped by a strong history in managing, operating and maintaining some of Europe’s largest industrial facilities.
Our operations are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We understand that in order to continually provide services at this level requires an unshakeable focus on safety, operational excellence and an environmentally conscious mindset.
Over the last 25 years we have grown rapidly, expanding both our footprint within the UK and developing our expert team. We have an outstanding reputation of delivering results for our clients while protecting their reputation, investing in our workforce and their career progression, and ensuring our operations contribute zero harm.
- Early 1990s – Enron construct and commission the Teesside Gas Processing Plant and Teesside Power Station and set up Enron Power Operations Limited (EPOL) to operate, maintain and manage them.
- 2002 – px Group created. The group diversifies and expands beyond its Teesside base.
- 2006 – Specialist Engineering consultancy is established to offer plant development and optimisation services to O&M clients and third parties.
- 2007 – Utilising the experience and knowledge gained from trading gas and power for the Teesside assets, px Group creates specialist subsidiary Energy24 Limited (e24).
- 2011 – Teesside based multidisciplinary engineering consultancy Simpson Coulson Lees is acquired to expand engineering capability.
- 2014 – Aberdeen office opened to better serve our UK oil and gas customers.
- 2016 – Blue Water Energy (BWE), a leading global energy private equity firm, takes a controlling share in px Group.
- 2018 – Acquisition of Saltend Chemicals Park from BP.
- 2019 – Acquisition of Camm-Pro, the specialist upstream project management company.
- 2020 – Acquisition of NRG Well Management, the provider of well management services to the energy sector.
- 2021 – Aksiom Services Group, a partnership between Ara Partners and the Aksiom Group, and px Group management acquires the company.
px Group has five core values that define our company, our people, and the work we do for our partner clients.
We take pride in all that we do. We excel in our approach, using our collective expertise to provide the optimal solution.
As leaders we foster a culture of success and determination, whilst remaining caring and compassionate.
We are driven by the challenge of finding creative solutions that drive improvement, and secure a successful future for us, our clients, the community and the environment.
As a team of specialists we recognise each other’s value and work together with mutual trust and respect.
We empower our team and support their career progression. We also seek to improve the lives of the communities within which we operate.